Walking in peace and harmony can sound cliché, but it’s actually important! If you’re looking for ways to cultivate peace and feel more connected, STOP looking outside of yourself. The experience of peace and harmony can only come from the eternal connection to the Most High which is within you. Open your mind and heart and you can experience the joy and beauty you seek.
Everyone finds connection in different ways. Using the suggestions below, you can discover your own path to peace.
To Help Yourself, Focus Both Internally and Elsewhere
Whatever you pay attention to will grow. If you’re focused on your own challenges, you may miss seeing the good in the world. You also may not notice the good in yourself.
However, when you focus on being of service to others and on the world around you, you begin to see the beauty everywhere. You also see your own value, because in helping others you are now able to respond to them differently than you otherwise might.
Walking in Peace Takes Practice
There are no magic answers for how you can be more peaceful. Like anything in life that’s worthwhile, desire, motivation, and effort are required. However, it’s important to stay relaxed about the process. If you agonize over how to be peaceful and harmonious, you may slow down your own progress.
To live a peaceful and harmonious life, it helps to discover who you truly are. To do this, explore the world as well as your own thoughts and beliefs.
Try some of these ideas:
- Volunteer to share your talents and time with other people in need.
- Spend time in prayer and meditation to see what you can do to move forward.
- Talk with others who are on their own journey toward greater self-knowledge.
- Analyze your past to see how you can use your experiences to improve the present.
- Avoid negative people who want to bring you or others down. Instead, spend time with people who radiate love and joy and peace.
- Read books and listen to audios about positive thinking. Also attend workshops for a new perspective.
- Seek more constructive ways to interact with the people in your life. Start by asking others how you can help foster better relationships with them.
- Tell the people in your life – including yourself – how much they are valued.
- Look for opportunities for self-improvement by setting aside some time to take a real honest look at ALL areas of your life.
- Consider working with a Spiritual Leader, Coach or Mentor as they may offer a perspective or techniques that you have never considered.
When you make a conscious decision to walk in peace and harmony, it doesn’t mean that you’ll never get upset again. Life always brings challenges. There are always issues that can get you down if you let them.
If you have peace in your life, though, you’ll see a lot fewer of those upsetting times. And with more peace in your heart, you’ll perceive your challenges differently.
By learning about yourself, you’ll learn what really matters to you. You’ll be able to let go of the little issues and focus your energy elsewhere. By directing your thoughts and time toward what really counts, you’ll have a lot more harmony and peace. And although the process takes time, walking your unique path to peace adds richness and deep joy to your life.
Where is a lack of peace and harmony showing up in your life? Your business? Are you feeling frustrated and unfocused? How do you create the peace that you desire? Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.