Life is a beautiful journey that you only get the pleasure to enjoy once. For this reason, it’s important that you maximize your time on this earth by ensuring that you enjoy every single moment you can.
It’s the little things in life that bring you the most joy. Some people believe that your level of personal happiness is dependent upon the actions of others. While contributions from your loved ones certainly can boost your spirits, the key to everyday satisfaction rests within your own hands.
Try these four strategies to bring more satisfaction into your life each day:
1. Spend time alone with your partner. Love is one of the most potent prescriptions for happiness. Luckily, it’s free, enjoyable for both parties and readily available! Take advantage of the wonderful person you have by your side and spend as much quality time together as possible.
- If your schedules allow, plan a weekly date night even if you live together. Being in a lively atmosphere where the crowd just disappears will bring you back to your very first days of falling in love. And remember: Make an effort to look good for your big night.
- While it is important to make time for your significant other, it’s also essential to your personal contentment to ensure that you have an identity outside of your relationship. Devote time to yourself, your private hobbies, and your friends on a regular basis to maximize your satisfaction in everyday life.
2. Love yourself. When you have low self-esteem, a hovering black cloud covers your whole world. Dismiss yourself from the darkness and learn to love yourself exactly as you are.
- Stop talking about losing the extra ten pounds and just work on maintaining your current weight. Make it a point to invest time into your appearance each morning to ensure that you look fabulous before walking out the door. When you look good, you feel good, and confidence will beam from your pores.
3. Treat yourself. If you’re only working to pay bills and save money, life becomes monotonous. You can feel pampered without spending hundreds of dollars. Everyday joys are about the little things.
- Allow yourself to enjoy the fruits of your hard work by treating yourself to a regular manicure, massage, video game, or DVD.
4. Exercise. If you’re currently a fan of spending your free time on the couch rather than the trails, it’s hard to imagine exercise as a form of bringing satisfaction into your life. But, once you begin exercising, you’ll become addicted to it!
- Get out into the great outdoors and enjoy the scents and scenery of nature. Or join a boxing class at your local gym. If you’re a people person, opt for the gym and if you’re an outdoorsy person, exercising with nature can become a form of meditation.
- Keep in mind that the more you exercise, the healthier you’ll be and the longer you’ll be able to enjoy life. You’ll also feel good, look good, and have agility to last indefinitely.
It’s true that the best things in life are free. While your occasional treat may cost a few dollars, you can feel content with your life without spending a lot of cash.
Life is too beautiful to constantly put your needs on the back burner. Enjoy each and every day by making your happiness a priority. Look for the small, everyday moments that bring a smile to your face. Make the most of each moment to begin experiencing the joy-filled life you deserve today.
Frantonia Pollins, affectionately known as The First Lady of Empowerment, is the founder & CEO of The First Lady Lifestyle & Leadership Academy, an exclusive membership movement which offers the ultimate in business mentoring and life coaching services designed to empower 1,000,000 Women Worldwide to conquer their fears about Money & Wealth; inspire them to discover their own uniquely Divine & powerful purpose on the planet and guide them as they create successful businesses that will transform the world and leave a Multi-generational Legacy of Wealth.
WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT BADLY ENOUGH TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES?
P.S. If this resonates with you, please like, tweet, +1 or share it with your friends. I truly appreciate your support.